The key to good carpet maintenance is to avoid particles of loose dirt and dust from working their way into the carpet pile where they will act abrasively on the fibres and discolour the carpet.
- Vacuum your new carpet regularly at least two or three times a week.
- A large, strong doormat will reduce dirt from outside being spread around the house.
- Avoid where possible laying light coloured carpets next to external entrances.
- Loop pile carpets should be vacuumed with a cylinder cleaner using the suction head only.
- Cut pile carpets should be vacuumed with an upright cleaner with beater bar and brush.
- Man-made fibre carpets and wool twist pile carpets should be vacuumed regularly as soon as they are laid to pick up any isolated particles.
Spillages are more easily removed if tackled immediately so act promptly and blot off all the liquid stain with dry kitchen roll or a clean dry white cloth.
Semi solid substances should be removed with a plastic spatula.
To clean off any remaining stain use a clean damp cloth soaked in warm water to blot the stain. Use a dabbing action with the cloth and then blot out the remaining liquid with dry kitchen towel.
Do not rub the pile surface of your carpet or over soak the stain.
Always work from the outside of the stain inwards to minimise the stain spreading.
New carpets require new underlay. Fitting a new carpet to British Standard BS5325 requires the services of a competent carpet fitter. This is extremely important to the life of your carpet.
Woven secondary backed carpets require to be stretched evenly across the room from wall to wall.
For the best results a new and firm underlay should be laid on a clean dry floor, the underlay should be fixed by tacks or tape, with joins butted together. This will stop movement of the underlay when the carpet is laid.
The carpet should be stretched evenly and held on carpet gripper which has been pre-nailed to the perimeter of the room. This will ensure the pile of the carpet will sit upright, giving the best resilience to foot traffic. This also helps to reduce the wear of your carpet.
Our market leading finance plan makes your new flooring more affordable than ever. With an APR of 0% representative, it is the most competitive payment option available on the market, leaving you with more money to cover those other costs that would normally stop you from getting that new floor you deserve!
Available over 1 year, you can spread the cost of your new flooring into 12 monthly payments with no interest to pay.
There really is an option for everyone, plus it’s quick and easy to apply and our expert team can make arrangements from the comfort of your home.